Thursday, July 20, 2006

Keep trying

Tonight I was watching the news and was struck by a comment made by an Israeli General. The reporter asked some question about meeting/not meeting the level of success they had hoped for and his reply was "We'll keep trying, it's only Thursday". I chuckled at the response at first, because of course he was being asked to give a time frame on something which I suspect is nearly impossible to do and he gave the only reasonable response. But then I started thinking about how much that comment is reflective of our own troops in Iraq. They do always keep trying - no matter what day of the week it happens to be. I might be a bit biased, but I really am proud to know that this is an attitude that our troops have. And I think our support for them - as a country - should take the same attitude...it might be difficult, it might be taxing, it might be scary and lonely and in fact it probably will be all of those things, but we need to all keep trying too!

And, stepping off the soap box...we still haven't heard for sure where Mike will be heading though it's looking like South of Baghdad is the likely place. Also, he's sent that silly disposable camera home so within a few weeks I should have some pictures to post. Also within a few weeks, he should have the digital camera I sent him, so when he's finally in place he can post some pictures too! Won't that be more fun that all this gibberish? :)

I love you Mike!

No comments: