Thursday, July 13, 2006

An important Thank You!

Before too many posts get in here I wanted to call everyone's attention to three people that I owe a big, important THANKS to. I've posted their blogs on our link list off to the side there. When Mike first deployed, neither of us really knew what to expect which made this whole process even more difficult. One day, while searching aimlessly for information on the internet, I happened upon the blog "My boyfriend, the Sailor, is in Iraq!". Kym's posts and our later email conversations about her early days - and current dealings - with her Mike's (also a Navy Chief) deployment really helped me through the early days when Mike first left SC. From her blog I found Dan's, The Desert Periscope and from Dan's I found another Mike's, The Chronicles of Narmya. I've read through both blogs and have also emailed both Dan and Mike directly about questions and concerns I've had. Let me just say that all three of these people have helped me in ways that they will never know and I am very grateful to them! Even though they are inevitably doing different, but very important jobs in 'the sandbox', Dan and the three Mike's (as they are all now affectionately known to me) are all part of the JCCS1, which also has a link on this blog.

I just wanted to make sure that I give credit where credit is due and thank these people who have helped save my sanity over the last couple of weeks.

No comments: