Saturday, December 16, 2006

Holiday Spirit

Today has been an interesting day already and I thought I'd share. I had another one of those crazy all-night LAN (local area network) fundraisers to chaperone last night. This all-nighter is after a long week of long days and nights, so needless to say, I'm exhausted! However, I got home this morning at 4:30 and couldn't fall asleep for about a half hour. Mike called at about 6:00am and I honestly have little recollection of speaking to him...and I'm sure he was laughing at me (I have a vague memory that he was) because I was totally incoherent. But, after he called I couldn't really fall back asleep and so, after about 2 hours of sleep I got up. I did some work around the house and then decided it was time to run errands. I went to the store and got a few things and by the time I returned, OB merchants were open. I've spent the last couple of hours walking from the post office, to FedEX, to the bank and several cute shops in my neighborhood...feeling as if I'm getting reacquainted with an old friend. The thing I find most pleasing about this morning is how incredibly nice and happy and cheerful everyone has been - and I mean everyone, everywhere...even those places with long, long lines! It's just nice when things that should always happen, but don't always happen, actually DO happen (does that make sense?). It's crisp in Ocean Beach this morning, and overcast...I guess rain is on the way. The waves are pretty intense and there is a great brisk breeze...and I know it's not a Michigan Christmas, but I think the weather has helped people feel "spirity" - at least it has for me! Anyway, I'm off to run more errands so I hope you all have a great day.

I love you Mike!

No comments: