Monday, March 19, 2007

False Advertising

I know that admitting that I did this is pretty much sealing my fate as a total lunatic, but I'm going to share anyway. A couple days ago when I was sitting around watching what was probably entirely too much television I saw a commercial for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Sadly, as much as I enjoy wonderful recipes from Bon Appetite and the like, I still like this old stand-by. The commercial claimed that it was "now even cheesier" and I went right down to our grocery store and bought a box (no joke, I really did). I even made the choice to buy one of the boxes with the new packaging with "now even cheesier" right on it! I was out of milk (something I didn't realize before I went to the store that day) and so I finally got around to making it tonight.

I am, sadly, very disappointed. Some of you will say, "yeah, it's macaroni and cheese, what did you expect?" Well, I'll tell you...I EXPECTED IT TO BE 'NOW EVEN CHEESIER' and it tastes the exact same as it always has! I won't go so far as to say that I'll never eat this Kraft product again, that's just plain silly because it's too easy to give up on for good. But, I just wanted to put it out there that they, in fact, have not made it "even cheesier" and for that, we can all be a little sad.

I love you Mike!

1 comment:

Kym said...

OMG Colleen....I believe this depolyment has finally gotten to you! Should someone call the Doctor? Just kidding but I do have to admit...I laughed my A$$ off while reading this...

Any word from your Mike?

Take care....

Kym