Saturday, February 10, 2007

candy bar update

So, a new option has been added to my vending machine of life and that's all it currently is - an option. I don't actually even have any control over whether this one drops into the bottom of the machine or not. I should clarify though that this option is not even a candy bar - it's like one of those extra big bags of chips! Once I know more, I promise I'll post 'real' details about all this and we'll be done with the cryptic comparisons! In the meantime, I'll be plugging away at a dissertation prospectus that still needs a lot of work, grading sixty-something short stories and writing a conference paper that I am presenting in April...it's not like I don't have enough other stuff to keep me busy and my mind occupied!!

Mike is on-board with this bag-o-chips option though and has somehow been able to make some unique sports comparisons to the situation, particularly one to Joe Montana, which has been fun. I'm now signing off my emails "JM" as a joke...I thought about signing "Joe" but then thought if "the man" was reading through emails and noticed that someone named "Joe" was telling "military Mike" that they loved him, someone might raise an eyebrow or two! ;) So, I'm sticking with JM so as not to alarm the government about things since they obviously have nothing better to occupy their time with! No, that isn't a soap box you see me heading toward, no worries!

Speaking of Mike, I've made him promise to write a post or two so you all can hear more about him from him. Things are still going well over there and he's still anxious as ever to come home. He's planned our vacations for about the next 15 years I think; I keep getting email itineraries. Most exciting: tubing through the jungles of Belize. Most romantic: returning to Paris and actually climbing the Eiffel tower together! Most "like us": tours of central and northern California coast wineries (yay!).

Anyway, I'm off to work on that pesky dissertation some more. I have four pages of notes on things to address from a 15 page section - gee fun! I hope this post finds everyone happy, healthy and warm (especially those of you getting hit by that blizzard-weather!).

I love you Mike!

No comments: