Saturday, November 04, 2006

I'm a bad blogger

I'm really sorry that I haven't kept up my end of this blogging bargain - blogging every day has gotten a little away from me.

Anyway, just a few more days until Mike is home on R&R and I can't wait! Over the holiday we have a few "busy" days, but the remainder of the time it will be nice to just relax together! I know he's looking forward to being home too...and I know that his family is super excited as well - just a whole lot of excitement going around! :)

I have half of the house ready for Mike's return...the other half is supposed to get done tonight...we'll see about that! I bought a track light system that I want to put up in the kitchen and I bought a dimmer switch (thanks to a helpful phone call to my Dad) for it too, which will be nice I think.

Two big football wins today - ND won and so did Purdue, finally! My sister and her family (hubby Nate and son Curran) were tailgating at the Purdue/MSU game. She called me from the tailgating festivities to rub in how much fun they were having. I got them back though when I reported that at 10:00 in the morning it was about 70 degrees here...she was freezing! :)

This is kinda old news by now, but I thought I'd post the picture Mike sent because he knows a few of these people...kinda cool, even though Mike's not in the picture! He thought it was pretty funny at any rate. We all saw it, I'm sure, before he did because it hit the presses while he was asleep...but anyway, he got a kick out of it!


Well, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend. Take care!

I love you Mike!

2 comments:

Kym said...

I'm jealous....but VERY happy for you! Enjoy your time with Mike...my turn is coming :) Sometimes though it seems like forever but it really isn't that far off!!!! I look forward to hearing how your R&R goes. Enjoy every last minute of it...I'm sure you will! I pray he has a safe trip home and on his trip back.

Take care!
Kym

Erin said...

Hi Guys!
I'm in Hong Kong wishing I could be hanging out with my FAMILY!!! Mike, so glad you're home for a bit, getting lavished with love and the comfort of flip flops and soft surfer sweatshirts, lounging in your sophisticated apartment thanks to one Colleen, sipping wine and remembering how nice some sand can really be: the San Diego kind underneath yours and Colleens toes.

Love and miss! Have fun together!!
Erin